Summary of Functions:
The Maintenance Associate provides support and help in maintaining the community and performs a quality make-ready program, outstanding curb appeal of the property and common area maintenance. Responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior physical condition and appearance of the site.
Work schedule is flexible, but basic hours of work are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, occasional Saturdays with a one-hour, unpaid lunch break and overtime as needed. Any overtime during any pay period must be approved by the Regional Manager or Vice President for Multifamily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the residential property manager, who has the primary authority to determine the exact “day to day” duties of the technician. This determination will take into consideration the technician’s skills, experience and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property. Works with other site managers, leasing personnel, other maintenance staff, property managers, construction division, and maintenance staff from other properties.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner.
- Promotes good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great service-oriented attitude and resident trust. Always displays a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees.
- Inspects vacated apartments and completes make-ready checklist. Informs residential property manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely performs duties to restore apartments to make-ready status. This may include, but is not limited to, painting, general repairs, drywall repairs, and light plumbing and electrical repairs. Completes vacant apartment trash-outs to completion. Ensures adequate number of make-ready units are available and that the products are up to company standards. Coordinates status of make-ready units with leasing staff and residential property manager.
- Inspects exterior of the property daily. Performs building and common area upkeep daily in accordance with company standards. Responsible for keeping grounds neat and free of litter, pulling and spraying weeds, and maintaining neat and orderly curb appeal.
- Ensures vacant units are market-ready units within 5 business days. Ensures vacant units are “trashed out” within 24 hours of move out, and all make readies are completed as quickly as possible based on the business needs and company policy.
- Completes basic grounds maintenance and assess landscaping needs daily. Including trash and debris pick up, weeding, mulching, tree and bush maintenance for curb appeal.
- Completes seasonal interior and exterior preventative maintenance. Includes light snow removal, pool maintenance and HVAC filter changes.
- Maintains shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintains proper equipment and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance.
- Coordinates maintenance objectives with the residential property manager daily.
- Performs and reports on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes. Performs work and cleanup on a weekly basis.
- Reports other maintenance concerns to the Property Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- General maintenance experience including basic knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
- Knowledge of safety procedures; must be safety conscious, steady and dependable.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flex schedule to accommodate work load.
- Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Ability to lift 100 lbs. occasionally to include but not limited to moving appliances up and down five flights of stairs, install and remove appliances from floor to window height frequently, lift and carry ice-melt from ground to truck bed height on occasion, and shovel snow frequently during the winter. When lifts exceed 100 lbs., other personnel must be contacted to aid and/or use of lifting equipment such as a hand truck, dolly, hoist or lifting straps will be required. Ability to frequently walk, stand in one position for long periods of time, kneel, bend, crouch, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repair. Occasionally lift and hold 20 pounds overhead for extended periods of time. Must be comfortable on ladders and lifts to 30 feet, and to perform work on roofs with heights up to five-stories.
- Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather (below 0 and above 100 degrees) frequently for extended periods of time.
- Accurately documents on a computer and/or mobile device the work performed on service requests within 24 hours.
- Tools: Must provide own basic tools or be willing to obtain the required hand tools pertinent to this position.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, hammer, snips, saws, plier basics, etc.
- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand-powered augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, etc.
- Ladder and Heights: 30 feet ladders and lifts.
- Dress Code: Uniforms must always be worn. Five company provided logo shirts, short or long sleeved, will be provided along with hat/cap and jackets. Jeans are not permitted. Cargo/carpenter trousers must be navy, gray, or khaki in color. When seasonally appropriate shorts that adhere to the above guidelines will be allowed. Sensible brown or black closed toe shoes are required. No sandals permitted
- Must have dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to job sites frequently. Must provide proof of liability insurance for same. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be bondable.
- Mobile phone with a data plan is required.
- Must always remain alert.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.