The accountant position is an exempt position. Normal working hours for the team are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may vary during peak seasons.
Responsibilities and Performance Expectations
- Financial Reporting
- Entity Budgeting for Responsible Portfolio
- Works with team members to assist with budget creation.
- Calculates certain budget amounts and provides to the budget preparer.
- Converts cash-basis budget to create an accrual-basis budget.
- System Setup and Maintenance
- Troubleshoots and resolves system problems, working with senior accounting manager and/or software vendors as needed.
- Works with the team to automate manual processes and implement identified project improvements.
- Relationship Management
- Provides prompt and courteous service at all times
- Performs job responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Actively cooperates with all internal service delivery partners to provide optimal service to customers.
- Follows up with internal and external customers on a regular basis to ensure their business needs and expectations are understood and being met.
- Business Management
- Coordinates and maintains accounting procedures for assigned responsibilities.
- Serves as a backup to other accounting positions as assigned.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Two years’ minimum accounting experience.
- Real estate accounting experience a plus.
- Sound analytical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, and management skills.
- Proficient with software systems including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Sage 300 (Timberline), and/or Sage FAS a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and meet multiple demands on limited timeline.
- Good interpersonal skills in negotiation, conflict management, and relationship building with service delivery partners including property managers and other team members.
- Able to take specifications and implement details to achieve desired results.
- Must remain alert at all times to perform essential functions.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.