Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the needs of conservation communities and prairie areas and provides restorative and management activities that support the budget and master conservation plan.
- Evaluates the needs of landscape and design concepts at all property locations and provides the most appropriate, cost-effective and environmentally friendly solutions.
- Manages the bidding process, contract negotiations, scopes of work, and vendor relationships for all related service to be provided by Hubbell Community Management.
- Builds critical, long-term, key relationships with vendors, subcontractors, and homeowners.
- Develops and provides appropriate expectations in regard to plant and tree replacements, lawn and landscape maintenance, snow removal, irrigation, and other outdoor services to homeowners and the community through education, workshops, and community outreach.
- Works in partnership with the Land Development, Hubbell Homes and Marketing departments to ensure positive customer experience and brand reputation.
- Actively works on industry-specific licenses and certifications to stay current on relevant industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessitated in the event of an emergency.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture, ecology, botany or horticulture desired
- Minimum two years’ experience in prairie restoration, management or maintenance
- In-depth understanding of the industry, local trades, pricing, and project management.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access required
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with vendors, subcontractors and homeowners
- Ability to work within a budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to implement community outreach and educational programs
- Must be in a constant state of alertness to perform essential functions
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.