Summary of Functions
Provides supervision and direction for the overall operations of six to twelve communities. This position is expected to take a hands-on approach to necessary duties to accomplish objectives as well as to facilitate the successful performance of others. Additionally, this regional manager position has specific training and experience to oversee multiple managers and provide guidance on operating and financial issues to those managers.
Implements company-wide initiatives by:
- Marshalling resources within the portfolio to remove obstacles and deliver results
- Communicating the “why” in order to lead change and deliver results
- Adapting company initiatives within the scope of the program to meet property-specific needs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets/exceeds budgeted NOI, expense reductions, delinquency management, and income generation
- Provides leadership and direction to the community management teams ensuring strict adherence to all applicable Hubbell Apartment Living policies, procedures and programs.
- Provides guidance to ensure stringent management of current resident delinquency and bad debt collections in accordance with Hubbell Apartment Living policies and department goals.
- Prepares annual budget and makes recommendations regarding the operating plans and detailed capital improvement projects for each property, and monitors budget compliance and operating plans throughout the year.
- Collaborates with corporate departments in the implementation and monitoring of programs and processes. These include legal and audit compliance, regulatory agency compliance, risk management, safety, marketing initiatives, training, pricing, procurement, preventive maintenance, contract services, and ancillary services.
- Conducts property visits/inspections and provides direction and support on operations, rental rates, leasing, and overall management of the community.
- Interacts with residents to resolve escalated customer service issues quickly and retain current residents.
- Performs duties normally associated with a supervisory position, such as hiring, training, coaching, performance management, disciplinary counseling, and termination of subordinates. Provides guidance to property managers on the same matters. Maintains an open-door policy to address employee issues and concerns.
- Ensures a smooth transition during the management of property dispositions or acquisitions as well as new construction planning and lease ups within assigned portfolio.
- Communicates with investors, lenders and third-party owners. Completes reporting as required.
- BA/BS preferred, CAM and/or CAPS designation required.
- Three to five years of multi-site property management supervision required, with a proven track record of financial results and leadership.
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements required.
- Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills required.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, property management software experience is a must. Boston Post and Entrata is preferred.
- Regional travel may be required. Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and auto insurance required.
- Must be in a constant state of alertness to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with residents, associates, supervisors, investors, vendors, etc., both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 25 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility. Will be required to climb stairs depending on the property structure.
Pre-Employment Test Scores
Successfully complete pre-employment psychological and basic skills exam. Pass background check and/or credit check as well as drug screening.