Summary of Functions
Supervisory position with authority, responsibility, and accountability to plan, implement and monitor operations, profitability, quality service, marketing and resident relations of the property, while maintaining the company investment. Utilizes management skills to train, motivate and empower our associates to reach their goals and those of our property.
Basic schedule includes, but is not limited to, coverage of office from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Saturdays as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the regional manager. Trains and supervises on-site personnel. Works with administrative division staff, other site managers, other management company employees, outside vendors and service providers.
- Schedules, supervises and directs the daily activities of all on-site staff.
- Prioritizes, assigns and monitors daily activities, service requests, make-ready priorities and construction projects.
- Conducts training, coaching and disciplinary action as needed, per standards of the management company.
- Completes performance appraisals as scheduled.
- Creates an atmosphere of cooperation, enthusiasm, service urgency, teamwork, customer satisfaction, and professionalism among staff members.
- Supervises management of inventory system in conjunction with maintenance supplies and personnel.
- Inspects and approves units after maintenance completes a make-ready unit and before it is leased.
- Overall supervision of marketing, leasing, resident retention programs, lease administration, accounting functions and reporting functions.
- Responsible for fiscal budgetary compliance to approved operation budgets.
- Completes budget preparation and annual property inspection for same.
- Maintains a budget control log and reviews financial statements weekly.
- Achieves budget goals regarding occupancy, expenses, NOI, etc.
- Reviews monthly income and expense reports and reports on any variance from budget.
- Negotiates for supplies and services with vendors and contractors to achieve best possible prices.
- Obtains purchase orders per policy and advises supervisor of any expense overages.
- Ensures all invoices are processed/posted on a daily basis per company standards.
- Maintains cash receipt journal, daily and monthly reports.
- Ensures that expenses outside of operating budget are approved in writing by general manager.
- Compliance with management company personnel and operations policy and procedures and compliance to company standards.
- Stays abreast of current policies and guidelines, maintains policy manual as changes are effected, reviews and monitors policies with employees to ensure compliance.
- Inspects property daily to ensure a quality presentation of the community.
- Maintains resident relations, deals with complaints and problems relating to service and lease provisions.
- Ensures timely submission of all reports per standard.
- Processes and selects new residents in accordance with the management company’s statement of rental policy.
- Maintains records and resident files in an orderly and up-to-date manner.
- Collects rent, maintains account records, and makes bank deposits.
- Prepares legal action for eviction when necessary.
- Provides effective marketing and communications, including advising management of pertinent issues as related to the community, market, or other respective issues.
- Prepares advertising and marketing plan for the development.
- Shows and leases apartments, handles telephone inquiries.
- Conducts periodic market surveys.
- Collaborates with general manager to assess changes in rental market through analysis of customer traffic and rental records.
- Plans, promotes and implements effective resident retention program.
- Communicates with residents through monthly newsletters, monthly communication activities, regular resident recognition, follows up on service requests (100% within three days of request) and continual promotion of resident services.
- Organizes and directs the lease renewal program by contacting resident at least 30 days in advance to schedule appointment for home visit, review of “gift” options and signature on renewal lease.
- Performs effective apartment inspections of each occupied unit every six months from lease commencement date including home visits with each renewal lease.
- Associate's degree or related business experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity managing multifamily properties.
- Certification as a resident manager (ARM, CAM, etc) preferred.
- Bilingual capabilities (English-Spanish) a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
- Ability to supervise staff with ability to communicate effectively.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Must be assertive.
- Preference for detail work required with ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to develop a team and be a team leader.
- Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and good physical condition. Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including four flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture and lifting of supplies.
- Dress Code: Corporate business attire required Monday through Friday. Company- provided logo shirt must be worn. No jeans, t-shirts, lycra, tennis-shoes, hiking boots, jogging suits, flip-flops, halter tops or tattered looking clothing area permitted at any time. Good judgment is expected.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits. Must have proof of liability insurance for same. Must possess a valid driver’s license and must be bondable.
- Pre-Employment Test Scores: Successfully complete pre-employment psychological and basic skills exam. Pass background check and/or credit check.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.