The bookkeeper is a nonexempt position. Work hours include Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one hour unpaid for lunch. Hours may vary during peak periods.
Responsibilities and Performance Expectations
Responsible for processing cash deposits and payments, as well as general ledger and other business unit specific entries. This work will utilize the accounting system as well as other software programs, as needed.
- Cash: Accounts Receivable and Miscellaneous Receipts
- Scans checks and deposits electronically and records daily deposit postings.
- Enters and applies payments into the accounting system, as well as miscellaneous receipts and bank transfers.
- Researches unidentified cash receipts.
- Partners with the other departments to resolve billing and cash deposits questions.
- Prepares employee and miscellaneous billings and reconciliations.
- Bookkeeping Tasks
- Reconciles bank accounts on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Creates, uploads and posts journal entries, as well as transactional information for various business units into the accounting system.
- Maintains fixed assets and depreciation/amortization schedules in the FAS software.
- Assists accountants with month-end general ledger reconciliations.
- Uploads general ledger entries between the apartment management software and the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Assists with the budgeting process.
- Records daily deposit postings
- Business Management
- Maintains detailed task-level accounting procedures for assigned tasks.
- Assists with year-end file maintenance and storage.
- Relationship Management
- Provides prompt and courteous service at all times
- Performs job responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Actively cooperates with all internal service delivery partners to provide optimal service to customers.
- Follows up with internal and external customers on a regular basis to ensure their business needs and expectations are understood and are being met.
- Associate degree in accounting required or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum two years’ general accounting experience required.
- Proficient with software systems including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Timberline, Entrata or FAS experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and meet multiple demands on limited time.
Hubbell Realty Company and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants.